What's Your Story?
Aug. 21,22, 2010 Tantra Theater performed it’s final show at the Red Lotus Society Down town with 108 audience members in the house. The evening started off on the shoulders of a theater guru, Master Shakespere in our adaptation of “All the Worlds a Stage”
2. Keith Davis starts off the evening with the story of how a corporate Nascar fan leaves his secure job, has an existential crisis and comes to find deeper intimacy in the world of Tantra. Brande anchors the scene with an original song “Hello, welcome to tantra, Sacred circles, incense, consciousness fully present…”
3. Shawn Roop shares how he got the “Gift of Jealousy” at a Love-in (Sex Party) with his tantric girlfriend. At first he thought he’d be OK watching his lover be with someone else, then he discovered he was not, and then with the help of a dakini he moved into an even deeper place of love and trust. The experience of compersion that he got that night, is eternal.
4. Rita Mooney performs an original monologue about the dilemma of Monogamy. She coins the term: Poly-thespian: this is where a performance artist is monogamous in relationship but is allowed to have many lovers onstage or onscreen.
5.”Hello Mother, Hello Father” Rae NewWoman has a gift for turning her pain into song. This is the story of how she divorced her cheating husband and found a new empowering lover to support her while she raised her kids. VIDEO TBA.
6. Swami Maha Lingam (AKA Swami G-Spot) is a tantric avatar who is able to lay eggs and produce lingerie from his talented penis. This piece was originally inspired by Steve Martin and played by Michael McClure. Special appearance by Akasha Rose
7. Brande Faris sings “Let’s Talk about Sex” as she gives sex ed. lectures at kids camps. As a tantrika she is able to raise the vibration for the next generation of lovers. Special appearances by Viraja PreMa, Rita Mooney, Shawn Roop, Rae NeWoman.
8. By sharing his personal narrative of how he broadened his own sexual identity, Wayne gives voice to a silent minority of bisexuals in the military. Here we watch him self pleasure to a virtual reality recording of gay sex. Enjoy SeaMan by Wayne Acciacca with special appearances by Michael McClure, Shawn Roop, Rita Mooney & Brandé Faris.
9. In “Reclaiming my voice,” Viraja PreMa tells the deep intimate story of how her family supported her (or not) in becoming an empowered sexual healer. The final scene is a touching farewell to her Father who passed this February. In this photo Shawn anchors the Divine Masculine Archtype to hold space for Viraja’s healing.
10. In Sitting, Standing, Lying Buddha, Kamala Devi In embodies the Goddess to share tantric insights about the holy trinity. Kamala Devi plays Vajra Yogini the essence off all buddhas, Mary Magdalene to her lover’s Christ’s consciousness and Shakti to dance with Shiva. Special appearances by Wayne Acciacca, Michael McClure, & Shawn Roop.
11. Keith Davis anchors the show with an original rap entitled “Tantric Journey” in the tune of “Ice, Ice, baby.” “Check out the junk you need to be solving, while the earth’s revolving.” Dance by Viraja PreMa, Rae NeWoman, Wayne Acciacca, Michael McClure & Shawn Roop.
Afterwards, we got a standing ovation! As an Encore, we offered an improvisational encore called “Audience Awakening” This is where we interview an audience member about a sacred sexual story and then, without any preparation the troupe will improvise the scene onstage.Goddess Joy Phoenix shared a story about a hot tantric affair in Puerto Rico which actually changed her hair color from Red to Blond.